The Tier 5 Workers Visa scheme was introduced to help non-EEA nationals of a younger age travel to the UK and experience the country’s unique culture and way of life. During a period of leave granted under the Tier 5 visa scheme, the recipient is permitted to pursue temporary employment, subject to a number of important restrictions.
The two primary visa categories that fall within the Tier 5 workers category are as follows:
- Tier 5 (Youth Mobility)
- Tier 5 (Temporary Workers), which includes five additional
- Tier 5 (Religious workers)
- Tier 5 (Government authorised exchange)
- Tier 5 (Charity worker)
- Tier 5 (Creative and sporting)
- Tier 5 (International Agreement)
If you are unsure as to which category of visa you should apply for or have any questions regarding your eligibility, contact the immigration experts at Aristone Solicitors today.
Tier 5 (Youth Mobility)
The Youth Mobility Scheme is open to non-EEA nationals aged 18 to 30 from the following overseas territories:
Young nationals in the range of 18-30 years of age from the following countries and territories are allowed to come to the UK under the Youth Mobility Scheme:
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Korea
You may also submit an application for a Tier 5 visa if you are aged between 18 and 30 and are a:
- British overseas citizen
- British overseas territories citizen
- British national (overseas)
Leave to remain under the Youth Mobility Scheme is typically granted for two years, which is a one-off period of legal residency that cannot be extended or repeated. Applicants are permitted to apply for entry to the United Kingdom under the Youth Mobility Scheme once in a lifetime. In addition, there is no allowance to switch to another points-based visa category or a visitor status, in order to extend this initial two-year period of leave. The only allowance is to switch to a family immigration category, subject to satisfying strict and extensive terms and conditions.
For more information on your eligibility and for expert assistance with your application, contact the team at Aristone solicitors today.
Upon entering the United Kingdom under the Youth Mobility Scheme, the visa holder is authorised to take part in any employment or business activities they wish, with the exception of self-employment, working as a professional sportsperson or as a dentist or doctor in training. They may also enrol in voluntary work and privately funded studies.
In order to enter the United Kingdom under the Youth Mobility Scheme, the applicant must:
- Be aged between 18-30
- Provide evidence of £1,890 in savings
- Originate from one of the above-stated countries or have a type of British nationality
- Have no children under the age of 18 financially reliant on them or living with them
- Have never entered the UK under the Youth Mobility Scheme before
The Youth Mobility Scheme is a points-based entry system, within which the applicant is expected to earn a minimum of 50 points to qualify.
(Youth Mobility) Migrant:
The points required to be granted entry clearance under the Youth Mobility Scheme are awarded as follows:
- Your nationality qualifies you as eligible for the Youth Mobility Scheme. Individuals who are citizens or passport holders of the countries listed above are required to obtain an official certificate of sponsorship. (30 Points Awarded)
- You are aged between 18 and 30 at the time of your application. (10 Points Awarded)
- You can provide evidence of savings totalling a minimum of £1,890 in an account under your name. (10 points Awarded)
Tier 5 Workers Visa Experts in Luton
It’s important to note that an extensive range of variables can impact the eligibility or otherwise of any applicant from entry clearance under the Tier 5 visa. We therefore strongly recommend speaking to an experienced legal professional ahead of time, in order to assess your case and submit your application with confidence.
Aristone Solicitors can provide the expert support and assistance needed to ensure a prompt and positive outcome. Where supportive evidence is required, we’ll help you collect and present the documentation needed to support your application. Call today to book your obligation-free consultation with one of our experts.